We all struggle with body image issues, no matter what body type we have. Even as Christian women who know God’s promises and manage our thoughts we can struggle with a negative body image and get caught in the enemy’s lies about how our looks define our identity and our worth.
- how to step into more awareness and acceptance about our bodies
- how to stop the shame and blame cycles associated with unhappy body image
- practical ways to stop the lies we tell ourselves about our body image
If you’re tired of being in the diet cycle, have a negative body image or feel unworthy or unhappy because of your body image, today’s podcast episode offers great tips for renewing your thoughts about your body and encourages you that you’re not alone in these issues of body confidence.
Watch the video version of this episode on YouTube:
Other Episodes on Healthy Body Image Issues as Christian Women
- 112: How to Find Your Beauty and Worth in God with Bethany Beal + my 13 year old daughter Susie
- 65: Identity Pt 1: How to Stop Negative Self Talk + Walk in Your God-Given Identity with Octavia Louis
- 26: Life Balance: Your Physical Self: Working with Your Body and Not Against It with Ellie Thomas
Please Subscribe to the Podcast + Leave a Podcast Review
- First, please subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast in your favorite podcast player (subscribe here on Apple Podcasts or follow on Spotify),
- leave a review (5 stars if you loved it) and comment HERE.
Get Additional Help with Body Image Issues from an Online Christian Counselor
We talk about some very sensitive and potentially triggering topics in this episode on body image issues, and I wanted to let you know about a Christian counseling resource if you need help working through trauma related to body image issues or if you need to process this topic further.
There is a time and a place for deep healing with a Christian counselor, and if that’s something you’re considering, I recommend Faithful Counseling, online Christian counseling service. They offer virtual Christian counseling sessions via video or via phone, and they are very reasonably priced. Faithful Counseling will match you up with a counselor that is a good fit for you and the healing you need.
(In full disclosure, I am an affiliate for Faithful Counseling and I receive a small commission should you choose to work with one of their counselors.)
If you'd like to find a Christian counselor and aren't sure where to start, check out getfaithful.com/vibrant
FREE RESOURCE: Get the Free “How to Manage Your Thoughts” 4-Part Training + Worksheets
Do you struggle with anxiety and worry? How about the inner critic? Need help overcoming negative thought patterns–from a biblical perspective?
If you're tired of negative thoughts controlling your mind, then you need to download this FREE 4- Part Training called “How to Manage Your Thoughts”.
This powerful resource is a wonderful way to take the first steps to control of your thoughts and renewing your mind according to the truths of the Bible.
Plus you'll be on the interest list to join the next round of the Christian Mindset Makeover™–the 9-week boot camp for Christian women to overcome negative thoughts using proven scientific and biblical mindset tools for more joy, clarity and confidence!
There is hope. You don't have to be stuck in a spiral of negative thinking!
Grab this free training (which includes 4 next step worksheets to help you practice!) on how to manage your thoughts now.
Get started today on a renewed mind, more peaceful thoughts and a life lived from the power of God's promises!