What do you do when loving yourself or loving others is hard because you've been hurt in the past?
How can you move through the hurt and, with God’s help, find forgiveness and healing so that you can know you are loved by God and be free to fully love others? Understanding God's love is an essential part of connecting with ourselves and connecting with others.
Today’s guest is Christian author, speaker and podcast host Sarah Mae. In today’s episode Sarah shares from her newest book The Complicated Heart which details the story of how God’s redemptive love gave her the ability to learn how to love her mom despite her tumultuous upbringing and to eventually learn how to fully accept God’s love for herself.
If you find it difficult to love others or are in a relationship where you don’t feel loved, this episode is for you! Sarah's story is a beautiful encouragement of how God's love can heal seemingly impossible situations. She also shares several scriptures for loving others and gives advice for taking the first steps to let go of the pain.
Heads up: Today’s episode covers some difficult topics probably not suitable for little ears and also may bring up some difficult memories if you’ve struggled with abuse or a difficult past.
More Resources for Loving Others and Living in God's Love
- Ep 58: Best of: How to Know God's Love + Experience it Everyday
- How to Confidently Know That God Loves You
- Ultimate List of Bible Verses About Love
NEXT STEPS: Get the “I Am Loved” Bible Study
Are you struggling? Do you need to know (in your heart) that God loves you and is with you?
Rediscover the life-changing gift of God's love in the “I am Loved” 4-week Bible Study Course.
Transform your mind and your spirit as you apply the power of God's love to your life.
This amazing 4-week Bible Study uses the Spiritual Growth Rhythm so you can:
- Experience confident joy as God's love renews your mind
- Find peace as god's love helps you let go of worry and fear
- Rediscover hope as God's love offers a new perspective on trials
This Bible study on love is different because we get to the nitty-gritty about why it can be difficult to feel God’s love in your heart with questions like:
- “How have you learned what love is and how to receive love?”
- “How can understanding God’s love for you give you a new filter for looking at your circumstances?”
You'll also learn the difference between God’s love and the world’s love (and how it’s so easy for us to get that confused in our thoughts).
You'll walk away with a tangible list of ways that God’s love can change your life, right now!
Love This Episode? Please Subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast + Share with a Friend
- subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast in Apple Podcasts (or follow on another podcast player such as Spotify),
- leave a review (5 stars if you loved it) and comment in the podcast player; and
- share about this episode on Facebook, Pinterest or email (use the share buttons on the side)
Connect with God, Enjoy More Inner Peace and Discover Accountability + Friendship in the Connected Bible Community
Want to confidently know God's love and to practice proven techniques for overcoming stress and worry?
Want to experience God's presence through every circumstance (and celebrate with other women the amazing ways He is at work)?
The Connected Bible Community is a unique hybrid of:
- A monthly magazine with a daily themed Bible study for women
- Two live teaching sessions every month
- An accountability network, prayer group, and place to share honestly with other women
- Optional group coaching with powerful resources to overcome spiritual growth obstacles and the thoughts/mindsets that hold you back from being your best
Registration is open for this wonderful place to connect with God, connect with others and connect with yourself.
If you’re looking for a way to grow deeply with God, find more peace, feel less alone and discover accountability and friendship with a group of loving Christian sisters from all over the world, the Connected Bible Community is exactly what you need!