What does God say about how to practice self-compassion? How can we offer grace for our mistakes while also strive to be our best? How does God want us to be compassionate for others and for ourselves? How can self-compassion renew our minds?
- Bible verses on compassion
- Several Bible stories where we see God's compassion
- How Jesus showed compassion to those around Him
- The relationship between the inner critic and self-compassion
- Why self-compassion is transformational in our ability to love others
Today's Question: Pt 3: Practice Self-Compassion
Here's today's action question to ask yourself (remember–open this gift within the next 24-48 hours so you can take the first step to enjoying this soul care gift!):
Take some time to process these questions alone before God in a journal. Remember, it's OK to not have the answers to these questions but to let God speak to you in the midst of the difficult emotions.
Enjoy All the Episodes in the “5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself” Podcast Series
Each episode we’re highlighting 1 of 5 “soul care” gifts you can give yourself so you can:
- Give glory to God and connect deeply with Him;
- Serve the ones you love with more joy; and
- Find YOU again.
Be sure to listen to the entire podcast series on these soul care gifts as each one builds upon the other:
- Ep 84: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself Pt 1: Create Space + Solitude
- Ep 85: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year Pt 2: Choose Honest Reflection
Compassion Bible Verses Mentioned in the Podcast Episode
- Exodus 34:5-7
- Psalm 103:13
- Psalm 112:4
- Psalm 145:9
- Isaiah 30:18
- Matthew 9:36
- Luke 6:36
- Luke 7:11-15
- Luke 15:20
Other Related Podcast Episodes + Resources on Biblical Self Compassion:
- Ep 7: Managing Your Inner Critic
- Ep 66A: BONUS: 4 Tools to Process Difficult Issues with Love, Empathy + Courage
- Ep 72: How to Renew Your Mind + Overcome Negative Thought Patterns
- Ep 76: Transformation Story: How Kate Released Control + Rewired Negative Thinking
- Ep 83: ADD: 3 Steps to Manage Your Emotions for More Calm + Better Decision Making
I also ran across this video resource on biblical compassion from the Bible Project here.
LOVE THIS EPISODE? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE VIBRANT CHRISTIAN LIVING PODCAST + SHARE WITH A FRIEND
- subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast in Apple Podcasts (or follow on another podcast player such as Spotify),
- leave a review (5 stars if you loved it) and comment in the podcast player; and
- share about this episode on Facebook, Pinterest or email (use the share buttons on the side)
Next Steps: Get on the Interest List for the New Managing Thoughts + Emotions Mindset Course Coming in 2021!
Want to learn more about how to manage your negative thoughts, cultivate practical ways to work through tough emotions, lovingly address your inner critic–from a biblical, loving perspective that emphasizes compassion and grace?
I will be releasing a brand new course on managing our minds in 2021 that will be all of this and more!
About Alicia Michelle
Alicia Michelle is a certified NeuroCoach™, Bible teacher, speaker and host of The Christian Mindset Coach Podcast and You Tube Show. More importantly, she’s a lover of Jesus, a wife of 21 years to her best friend, and mom of four amazing kids ages 19 to 10. Alicia struggled with overthinking, negative thoughts and “being enough” for most of her adult life until God radically transformed her heart after a life-threatening medical crisis. Now through her signature courses and coaching programs she loves equipping women with practical, scientific and biblically-based mindset tools to help them overcome negative thought patterns and discover more confident, joyful lives in Christ. Listen to her on the podcast or on You Tube; download free workshop trainings at VibrantChristianLiving.com; and connect on Facebook and Instagram.
- Web |
- More Posts(414)