Finding rest and hibernating can be helpful in building resilience during hard times. We could all use a little space to breathe and process when life is stressful.
Today we’re talking about how to find rest and create space for more calm and peace—especially when you’re overwhelmed and life is crazy.
If you’re feeling challenged and exhausted by all that’s going on in the world, you’re not alone. Even though it’s the new year when this podcast is being recorded, you have permission to slow down and NOT go crazy on making new year’s resolutions. It’s OK to process, recuperate and rest.
Choosing rest and hibernating can be helpful tools in building resilience during hard times.
I’m sharing how I’m finding rest and strength through scripture and the promises of God.
Other Related Podcast Episodes and Resources on Finding Rest:
- Ep 70: What Do You Really Need? Listening to Your 4 Parts of Self (Free Meditation)
- Ep 73: How to Cultivate Daily Soul Rest by Growing Closer to God
- Ep 78: Finding Rest + Fun When You're a Type A Woman with Carlie Kercheval
- Ep 84: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year Pt 1: Cultivate Space for Solitude
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
LOVE THIS EPISODE? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE VIBRANT CHRISTIAN LIVING PODCAST + SHARE WITH A FRIEND
- subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast in Apple Podcasts (or follow on another podcast player such as Spotify),
- leave a review (5 stars if you loved it) and comment in the podcast player; and
- share about this episode on Facebook, Pinterest or email (use the share buttons on the side)
NEXT STEPS: Rediscover Hope + God's Foundational Love in the “I Am Loved” Bible Study Course
Are you struggling? Do you need to know in your heart that God is with you and He loves you? Do you need a fresh perspective on a difficult circumstance?
Transform your mind and renew your spirit with the “I Am Loved” 4-Week Bible Study Course as you apply the power of God's love to your life in only 15 minutes a day!
With the “I Am Loved” 4-Week Bible Course you will:
- Experience confident joy as God's love renews your mind
- Find peace as God's love helps you release worry and fear
- Rediscover hope as God's love offers a new perspective on life's trials
The daily Bible study activities (using the powerful Spiritual Growth Rhythm™) shows you how to apply God’s love to your life in a way that is not only thought-provoking but that encourages you to take action.
There are daily homework sheets, weekly devotionals, and weekly recorded teaching sessions to accompany your study.
We get to the nitty-gritty about why it can be difficult to feel God’s love in your heart with questions like:
- “How have you learned what love is and how to receive love?”
- “How can understanding God’s love for you give you a new filter for looking at your circumstances?”
You'll also learn the difference between God’s love and the world’s love (and how it’s so easy for us to get that confused in our thoughts).
You'll walk away with a tangible list of ways that God’s love can change your life, right now!
Don’t let another day go by without experiencing the peace, confidence + joy that comes from knowing (in your head and your heart!) that you are loved by God!
Join us now for this life-changing on-demand Bible study on God's love!