We have a phrase floating around our house that we ask our kids: “What are you going to do to change the world?”
And we mean it.
We want our kids to dream big dreams with us. We want our home to be a place of imagining, creating and exploring. If dreams are where all plans begin, then dreaming is the impetus of great innovators and leaders.
And wouldn’t you agree the world needs more innovators and leaders? People who fearlessly and passionately pursue a goal to improve or better a situation? Isn’t that the real goal of our parenting?
9 Tips for Raising Kids Who Change the World
I am by no means an expert in this subject, but here are 9 mindsets we keep in order to raise kids who change the world:
- Encourage questions and exploratory learning
- Expose kids to others who changed (or who are currently changing) the world
- Slowly, and as age dictates, introduce kids to the problems of our age
- Build in our kids a strong moral foundation and a desire to do the right thing
- Be our kids' champion in all things and at all times
- Love our kids, regardless of their imperfections
- Challenge our kids to do hard things
- Believe in our children's dreams and help them pursue their passions
- Model leadership and be world-changers ourselves (even if it’s only changing the world within our four walls)
- Teach our kids godly self-confidence
About Alicia Michelle
Alicia Michelle is a certified NeuroCoach™, Bible teacher, speaker and host of The Christian Mindset Coach Podcast and You Tube Show. More importantly, she’s a lover of Jesus, a wife of 21 years to her best friend, and mom of four amazing kids ages 19 to 10. Alicia struggled with overthinking, negative thoughts and “being enough” for most of her adult life until God radically transformed her heart after a life-threatening medical crisis. Now through her signature courses and coaching programs she loves equipping women with practical, scientific and biblically-based mindset tools to help them overcome negative thought patterns and discover more confident, joyful lives in Christ. Listen to her on the podcast or on You Tube; download free workshop trainings at VibrantChristianLiving.com; and connect on Facebook and Instagram.
- Web |
- More Posts(404)