I've found the best way to teach kids about God's love to encourage kids to create a daily quiet time habit where they learn how to grow close to God each day through Bible study.
Let me introduce you to a simple way to teach your kids to how to study the Bible using a simple, step-by-step Bible study method–that includes Bible verses about love!
It's a wonderful way to encourage a daily quiet time habit for kids!
4 God is Love Bible Verses Every Child Needs to Hear
When we want to teach kids about God's love, why not start with the Bible?
Here are just a few verses that say “God is love” to our kids.
You and I know that it takes a lifetime to learn about God's love.
Yes, we must teach our kids about God's love at an early age, but we also must show them practical ways to access God's love through every stage of their lives.
How can we teach kids the important skill of how to continually discover more about God's love? Let's talk about that next.
Teach Kids How to Study the Bible Using Verses about God's Love
One of the best ways is to teach kids how to connect with God is through a daily Bible time.
But kids (and even we adults!) need a simple way to study the Bible. A good Bible study method (especially one for kids) must be:
- easy to remember
- simple to use
- not full of big words and concepts
I created the 5Rs Bible Study™ Method for my own kids, and now I want to help you introduce it to your kids too so they can know about God's love!
The 5Rs Bible Study™ Method consists of 5 steps:
This simple method allows anyone to read any verse, understand it fully, relate it to their lives and then create a simple plan to implement that truth into today's life circumstances.
The Easiest Way to Teach Kids About God's Love
Let me show you how it works.
How Does the Be Loved 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal Help My Kids Learn About God's Love?
I wrote the Be Loved 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal so that moms like you and I could teach our kids to HOW to study God's word while also learning deep insights about God's love.
Every week your child will analyze Bible verses about love that answer one of six questions:
- Is there a loving God? If so, what’s it like to be loved by Him?
- Where is God’s love during hard times?
- How can God’s love bring me everyday joy and peace?
- How can I best experience God’s love?
- How does God’s love free me to reach my fullest potential?
- How do I know that God always loves me?
Why is it important that your kids get these questions about God's love answered?
Well, time and again I've seen that these are the key dilemmas we all face when trying to really understand and live in the light of God's love.
We can tell our kids “God loves you,” but if we don't help them deal with these questions, they may never be able to establish God's love as a foundational truth in their lives.
How Does the Be Loved 5Rs Bible Study Journal Help My Kids Develop a Bible Time Habit?
First, let me explain the unique Bible study format for the Be Loved 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal.
Each week for six weeks your child will study a specific topic about love using three powerful strategies.
1) Day 1: Connect to that week's topic through a heartfelt devotional message.
The devotional shares a story and introduces the week's topic (one of the questions about love) in an engaging way.
2) Day 1-5: Analyze and apply five love Bible verses (one scripture a day) using the simple-yet-powerful 5Rs Bible Study™ Method.
Each week on Days 1 to 5 of the study, your kids will use the 5Rs Bible Study™ Method to apply that day's Bible verse about love to their lives.
The 5Rs Bible Study™ Method is designed to be an easy, step-by-step tool to help anyone understand and apply a Bible verse to their lives in under 10 minutes a day.
3) Day 6: Answer several thought-provoking questions in the “Reflect” section, plus read additional scriptures.
Then at the end of each week (in the “Reflect” section) there are tons of great discussion questions and journal prompts so that your kids can delve even deeper into the topic of God's love!
The “Reflect” section also includes additional Bible reading where you'll hear stories of others in the Bible whose lives were dramatically changed by God's love.
It's a great way for kids (or anyone!) to get comprehensive biblical answers to these important questions about God's love.
TIP: Many parents encourage their children to complete the 5Rs Bible Study lessons independently throughout the week, and then on Saturday or Sunday they use the questions in the “Reflect” section to spark discussion with their kids about that week's topic.
It's a great way to learn about God's love as a family!
Other Posts That Teach About God's Love
- DIY Valentine Countdown Banner for Kids
- How to Use Games to Memorize Bible Verses
- 130 Everyday Ways to Say I Love You to Your Kids
- A Letter to My Daughter About Being a Christian Woman
- 4 Ways to Raise Confident Kids Who Love God
- 18 Movies & Books That Teach Kids About God's Love
- Ultimate List of Bible Verses About Love
- How to Teach Confidence to Kids (11 Truths for Christian Parents)
- 32 Comforting Bible Verses About God's Love
And of course, don't forget to check out the Be Loved 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal!
It's such a fantastic way to teach your kids about God's love and to help them learn how to build a Bible study habit!