As Christian parents, teaching children about God is the most important task we have.
More than ever our kids need a solid biblical foundation for knowing how to study the Bible and how to have a relationship with God!
We must teach our kids to fall in love with Jesus and to build their confidence and self-esteem on their value in Christ.
But teaching kids about the Bible (and about God himself) is about so much more than taking them to church once a week.
So how does that happen? What does it look like to teach kids about God in a modern Christian family (who already have a hectic, full life)?
In this post, I’ve gathered the best practical resources for teaching kids about God so that we can raise children who change the world as they live out their faith.
I also want to give you a free video course I’ve put together that’s perfect for how to teach children about God. It’s called “How to Study the Bible In Only a Few Minutes a Day” and it teaches a simple Bible study method for anyone to grow closer to God (including kids!).
Click here to have the “How to Study the Bible” course sent straight to your inbox!
Free “How to Study the Bible” Video Course to Teach Children About God
If you’re wondering how to teach kids about God, the best thing you can do is to:
- First, introduce your children to Jesus and show them how to have a relationship with Him;
- Second, encourage your kids to create a daily quiet time habit where they learn how to grow close to God each day through Bible study.
Let me introduce you to a simple way to teach your kids to how to study the Bible–using a simple, step-by-step Bible study method called the 5Rs Bible Study™ Method.
The 5Rs Bible Study™ Method consists of 5 steps: Read, Rewrite, Restate, Relate and Respond.
This simple method allows anyone to read any verse, understand it fully, relate it to their lives and then create a simple plan for change today. Learn more about the 5Rs here.
Better yet, watch this free 3-session video course on how to study the Bible using the 5Rs Bible Study™ Method!
It’s a simple way to not only teach your kids about the Bible, but for you to learn how to study the Bible too!
Teaching Kids How to Grow Closer to God
I just shared about how to teach kids the Bible through a daily Bible time, but here’s another great post that teaches kids the importance of prayer (for themselves and their world) and gives practical ways to teach kids about prayer:
This post also gives a broad overview of different ways to share a living faith with our kids.
Teaching Children About God Through Bible Memory Verses
Teaching Kids About God’s Love
- 130 Everyday Ways to Say I Love You to Kids
- 18 Books & Movies That Teach Kids God Is Love
- #1 Way to Teach Kids About God’s Love
Teaching Children How to Have Joy
Teaching Kids How to Have Godly Self Confidence
- How to Teach Confidence to Kids (11 Truths for Christian Parents)
- 4 Ways to Raise Confident Kids Who Love God
- A Letter to My Daughter About Being a Christian Woman
Bible Verses That Teach Children About God
- Bible Verses to Teach Biblical Wisdom to Kids
- Want More Happy? 20 Bible Verses About Joy and Happiness
- 32 Comforting Bible Verses About God’s Love
Practical Life Skills to Build Godly Character
- 11 Practical Ways to Teach Kids Commitment
- 9 Tips for Raising Kids Who Change the World
- 5 Ways Your Kids Are Under Spiritual Attack
- How to Teach Kids Time Management
- Goal Setting for Kids Resources
- 58 Books & Movies About Perseverance for Kids
- 67 Awesome Random Acts of Kindness for Kids
#1 Way to Teach Children About God
There are many ways to teach kids about God, but ultimately, why not teach your kids to go to the source–the Bible–to discover God’s love, peace and joy through daily Bible study?
If not, why not? It really is a fantastic resource for anyone who is serious about teaching kids about God.
And did I mention it’s free? 🙂
Click here to get access to this powerful video course on how to teach the Bible in a simple straightforward way.
It’s my gift to you (and could be an integral part of your plan to teach your children about God)!