Your privacy is critically important to us. At Your Vibrant Family, we have a few fundamental principles:
•We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
•We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
•We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
•We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
•We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
•Our website (VibrantChristianLiving.com)
•Our other products and services that are available on or through our websites
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us (see below); and automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account for products that require account access. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a courses to provide a name, username and email address. You may provide us with more information, but we don’t require that information.
• Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us (for example a product or course) you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
• Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate via email, or post a question or comment to a blog post or page. Keep in mind that any information you share via the comments on a blog post or page is public information, so please take that into consideration when sharing. If you choose to share any information via email (such as a question about a topic; or a testimony to a product, service or to the Vibrant Christian Living community overall), we sometimes share this information in a public capacity (such as within an email newsletter, in the Facebook group or via the podcast). However, we will always ask for your written permission before sharing any of this information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services if you choose to purchase a product that requires a login (such as a course).
• Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that you perform on our site (such as pages or posts you click on) via Google Analytics. We use this information to get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
•To provide our Services–for example, to connect you with course resources or other paid products; or to charge you for any of our paid Services;
•To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
•To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
•To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
•To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Vibrant Christian Living and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
•To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Your Vibrant Family and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Vibrant Christian Living and our products; and
•To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, and data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
• Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• With Your Consent: You may choose to disclose information at your direction when you share with various social media services (such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms) when you share about posts or products.
• Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid courses–may not be accessible.
• Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using VibrantChristianLiving.com, with the drawback that certain features of the Vibrant Christian Living website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
• Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to have access to our courses and/or purchased materials, email email@example.com to remove your information. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
•Request access to your personal data;
•Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
•Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
•Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
•Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Vibrant Christian Living
Last edited on 7/6/20