Acceptance with joy seems like such a simple concept, right? Well, at least on paper. That's because there's always something we can be angry about, or there's a trial or tribulation we're going through!
In these moments Bible verses about joy can feel foreign and far away (even if we know they're true).
But acceptance with joy can be life-changing. Seriously.
I know because I've experienced for myself how this mindset brings transformation to everyday life.
And if we want to live joyfully in this truth, we must slowly change our thought patterns a little at a time until they line up with God's promises about joyful living.
I want to show you how acceptance with joy can change your circumstances too!
Read on and let's get started.
Why I'm Choosing Acceptance with Joy (and You Can Too)
The sad truth is that we moms are surrounded by so many opportunities to be depressed, annoyed and angry about our current circumstances.
For example, here are my current challenges that tempt me away from acceptance with joy:
- I look around my house and see stained carpets that really need to be replaced.
- I look outside and see that my yard desperately needs a trim.
- I just watched my preschooler spill strawberry smoothie down his brand new shirt.
- My husband calls: “Did you forget that we had an appointment together at 10 a.m. with the doctor?”
- And I sigh as I hear my kids fighting—again—in the other room over that same darn issue.
Our messy family lives rarely reflect the Pinterest-perfect images we see online, and it can seem downright impossible to accept our circumstances with joy!
Our life's overwhelming imperfections can make us want to lock ourselves in the bathroom for several hours with an extra large, carmel-drenched coffee drink (make mine decaf, please).
So the first thing I want you to know is that I get it. I really, really do.
If you're feeling stuck in all the frustrations of every day life, let me help you get off the hamster wheel!
I encourage you to find refreshment and to welcome acceptance with joy by going through an in-depth study on joy and acceptance Bible verses (the Joy Full 5Rs Bible Study Journal).
With over 30 joy bible verses, this amazing joy Bible study answers the 6 biggest questions about finding joy in everyday life, including:
- Where can we find true happiness & lasting joy?
- How do I know that God has good, joy-filled plans for me?
- How can I choose joy during life’s trials?
- How can I find joy when I don’t feel joyful?
- How can I trust God to turn my trials into joyful blessings?
- How can joy grow in my heart when life is always hard?
In only 6 weeks (and in less than 10 minutes a day), you'll uncover the main reasons WHY it's difficult for you to experience joy right now.
If you're discouraged by your circumstances and you want to know HOW to find a more joyful life, this is the perfect Bible study for you!
Let the Holy Spirit show you how to learn acceptance with joy as you explore the biggest barriers to joy.
Why Choosing Acceptance with Joy Makes All the Difference
It can be extremely difficult to choose joy when our everyday issues seem never-ending and, some days, unbelievably difficult.
But we must. We must.
If we want to experience true freedom and peace, we must deliberately decide–one moment at a time–to let acceptance with joy reign.
And as I've shared, allowing God's truths about joy seep into our heart through a daily Bible study on joy is how I've seen my own spirit (and countless others) be changed.
3 Ways Acceptance with Joy Can Change Your Life Too
Let me share 3 simple areas how acceptance with joy can bring real peace to your life, starting right now. I've included action items for how you can apply acceptance with joy in this situation.
1) Acceptance with Joy Is a Blessing Through Life's Transitions
Sometimes there isn't a 5-step solution to life's problems. Hard times can be messy and complicated, and sometimes the best thing we can do is accept our challenging circumstances with joy.
Try this to discover acceptance with joy:
- Instead of bemoaning the wait, choose to discover what you can learn about yourself and others through the transition. God promises blessings and joy through the trials, so use acceptance with joy to dig deep and look for them!
- What are your daily thoughts about this difficult life transition? Analyze your regular thought patterns so that, instead of allowing the in-between places to bring frustration, you can discover the rich beauty found through transition.
2) Acceptance with Joy Is a Way to Trust God More Deeply
Jesus taught us much about acceptance as an opportunity for deeper trust in God.
In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus wrestled with the agony of choosing to go to the cross. He didn’t have to accept that His fate was to be a sacrifice for all. He, being God, had the power to not accept it. But He chose God’s way because although he understood the cost of his decision, he also understood fully the wholeness and perfection that comes with accepting God’s way.
And that’s a lesson for us, friends.
Want to experience acceptance with joy? Ask yourself:
- If I believe that God is in control of every part of my life, then shouldn't I accept that what's happening right now is somehow part of his bigger plan? What purpose is there is fighting and complaining about it, especially if I truly believe that He is in control?
- How is this difficult experience causing me to trust God more, and thus, bring rich spiritual blessing into my life?
3) Acceptance with Joy Can Be an Awesome Motivator for Change
Acceptance with joy doesn’t mean settling, however. Acceptance with joy can be what spurs us toward change.
In fact, acceptance itself is often the first step to change. We must first accept, “Hey, I’ve gained a bit of weight” before we can be fully committed to a new exercise plan and healthier diet.
If we lean too much on being content with everything as it is, we lose the God-given ability to make much-needed improvement in our lives; and if we focus too heartily on change, then we miss the power of resting in his omnipotence.
It’s a daily–and difficult—tension, but ultimately, acceptance with joy means finding the ability to be content with whatever the day brings and yet still find opportunities for there to be a better way.
Consider this if you want more acceptance with joy:
- Ask yourself: Am I having a hard time accepting my circumstances with joy because I know that some real changes need to be made in my life?
Ready to Discover Acceptance with Joy? You Must Do This…
If you want to REALLY discover acceptance with joy, you can't just summon up all your “positive energy” and “think enough good thoughts” about your situation.
Trust me, I've tried. 🙂
It takes more. Way more. It takes a spiritual touch from God. He has to be the one to help you re-shape your thoughts.
And that won't happen by just reading a few blog posts about finding acceptance.
If you want change–real change–you have to let God change you from the inside out by immersing yourself in HIS truth about how to discover REAL JOY–no matter your circumstances.
You have to take action. You have to bring these truths into your life.
And that's why I'm such a fan of the Joy Full 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal.
We need to let God's words about joy change us bit by bit, and that only happens when we connect these truths about joy to our real world circumstances.
Day by day this incredible joy Bible study will transform your thoughts by making these Bible verses about joy real and relevant to YOUR circumstances.
Each week on Days 1 to 5 of the study, you'll use the 5Rs Bible Study Method (an easy Bible study method that takes under 10 minutes a day) to apply that day's Bible verse about joy to your life.
This method teaches you to Read, Rewrite, Restate, Relate and Respond to each verse (you can learn more about the 5Rs here).
Then at the end of each week (in the “Reflect” section) you'll read real-world accounts from others in the Bible who also dealt with struggling to find joy.
There's tons of great discussion questions and journal prompts here so that you can delve even deeper into the subject!
Still not sure that this innovative Bible study journal can help you?
No problem. Why not try the first week of the Joy Full 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal for FREE?
Yes, for FREE!!!
You've got nothing to lose and only MORE JOY to gain! 🙂
One Final Truth About Acceptance with Joy
Acceptance can be done as a drudgery—as an “I have to” act. But eventually the best kind of acceptance—the kind that brings lasting life and peace—will be found when joy is the source.
Don’t get me wrong: Acceptance with joy isn’t a natural response (especially when you first start practicing it).
The good news is that God wants to help you build this new way of thinking in your life.
You don't just have to “figure it out” or “fake it”.
Let God show you how to discover His version on lasting joy–no matter the circumstances–with this amazing Joy Full 5Rs Bible Study™ Journal.
By immersing yourself in His truth, it will be so much easier to choose joy and acceptance!
Other Posts on Finding Joy in Everyday Life:
- Want More Joy? 20 Bible Verses About Joy and Happiness
- Tough Mothering Day? 3 Powerful Tips to Turn it Around
- 5 Biblical Truths on Joy to Change Your Life
- How Can We Count It All Joy During Life's Toughest Trials?
- Joy Bible Verses for Chronic Illness Sufferers
And of course, don't forget to take the next step to joy by getting your own copy of the Joy Full 5Rs Bible Study Journal.