If you're a busy mom like me, you need today's episode to manage your emotions, renew your mind and find true joy and soul replenishment!
- you’re not sure what emotions you’re feeling inside;
- you’re afraid to be honest about your emotions;
- you have anger toward God or questions about your faith;
- you’re afraid to sit in the pain of the situation.
Today's Question: Pt 2: Choose Honest Reflection
Here's today's action question to ask yourself (remember–open this gift within the next 24-48 hours so you can take the first step to enjoying this soul care gift!):
What are some of the deeper aches and soul pains I’m experiencing right now? What am I longing for? What might I be disappointed in? What am I frustrated or angry about? What might I be grieving? What may I be running away from?
Take some time to process these questions alone before God in a journal. Remember, it's OK to not have the answers to these questions but to let God speak to you in the midst of the difficult emotions.
Enjoy All the Episodes in the “5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself” Podcast Series
Each episode we’re highlighting 1 of 5 “soul care” gifts you can give yourself so you can:
- Give glory to God and connect deeply with Him;
- Serve the ones you love with more joy; and
- Find YOU again.
Be sure to listen to the entire podcast series on these soul care gifts as each one builds upon the other:
Ep 84: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself Pt 1: Create Space + Solitude
Related Podcast Episodes on Managing Emotions + Honest Reflection:
- Ep 9: Creating an Emotionally Restful Lifestyle That Works for You
- Ep 11: Feeling Stuck? How Curiosity Can Set You Free
- Ep 28: Your Emotional Self: Managing Emotions So They Don't Manage You
- Ep 55: Tired + Worn Out? It's Time to Invest in You
- Ep 83: ADD: 3 Steps to Manage Your Emotions for More Calm + Better Decision Making
LOVE THIS EPISODE? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE VIBRANT CHRISTIAN LIVING PODCAST + SHARE WITH A FRIEND
- subscribe to the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast in Apple Podcasts (or follow on another podcast player such as Spotify),
- leave a review (5 stars if you loved it) and comment in the podcast player; and
- share about this episode on Facebook, Pinterest or email (use the share buttons on the side)
Next Steps: Get on the Interest List for the New Managing Thoughts + Emotions Mindset Course Coming in 2021!
Want to learn more about how to manage your negative thoughts, cultivate practical ways to work through tough emotions, lovingly address your inner critic–from a biblical, loving perspective that emphasizes compassion and grace?
I will be releasing a brand new course on managing our minds in 2021 that will be all of this and more!